We ship all of our parcels from Kunming, Yunnan in China. Currently we ship to more than 60 countries world-wide. We strongly recommend you create a user account with your address and country information. Typically we use China Post's Surface, SAL, AIR to ship to many countries.
Surface - This is the slowest method available and it can take 7 to 12 weeks** to arrive at its destination. Surface has no tracking, just delivery confirmation. Surface is insured against loss and is a reliable (but slow) method for shipping.
SAL - This is medium speed method of shipping that takes 2 to 5 weeks. Typically it's 2 to 3 weeks, but depending on the destination country and time of year it can stretch up to 5 weeks. Items are trucked from Yunnan to Shanghai and then flown to the country of destination, then once arrived they are typically trucked to the delivery location. This is a combined AIR/LAND shipping method.
AIR Small Parcels - This method is a combined AIR and Ground service for parcels under 2 kilograms. AIR Small Parcels take 2 to 6 weeks** to arrive.
AIR - This method usually takes 12 to 30** days to arrive, but our recent EMS discount rates have made AIR obsolete for many countries. AIR has some limited tracking, but the tracking is not updated as often as EMS.
Express Mail Small Parcel (e-packet) - Takes 10 to 30 days to arrive, but it's limited to 2 kilograms total weight (about 1.5kg of items). Price based per 100 grams.
** delivery times stated are not a guaranteed delivery time. Internationally shipped parcels must pass through China Customs and Customs of the destination country. We cannot control or be held responsible for delays at Customs. If you are un-satisfied with service provided by your country's Customs Agency you (as a citizen) should contact them and file a complaint.
Lost and Broken Items Policy
While we do everything we can to ensure that your parcel arrives to you in a timely manner and without breakage we cannot control every aspect of its long international journey. We hope that our customers will be patient and understanding with any kinds of complications that might occur. We will always work hard to satisfy your needs and concerns!
To avoid any problems with your parcel:
1. Make sure that your correct address is on file with us and also with whichever payment method you choose to use. We will not be responsible for parcels sent to the wrong address if that is what you have given us.
2. Please give us your phone number. Your phone number will be added to the parcel and waybill, and will assist couriers and customs officials should problems arise. We will not share any of your personal information with anyone unless it is directly related to the delivery of your purchased items. We are not in the business of selling or sharing our customers' information.
3. Please share with us what kind of declaration you would like us to make on the shipping form.
Our Policy on Lost and Returned Parcels
1. Should your parcel not arrive within the specified times listed just below please contact us and we will start investigating the issue
- Surface - after 15 weeks since posting*
- SAL - after 8 weeks since posting*
- AIR - after 6 weeks since posting*
Express Small and Large Parcel - after 40 days since posting*
Small Parcels SAL and AIR - 3 months since posting*
2. Should we decide that your parcel is indeed lost in transit we will offer to re-ship without additional charges. We will re-ship the replacement parcel using the original shipping method you paid for. Should you want to upgrade to a faster shipping method for the replacement parcel you will be charged the difference between the original method and the upgrade shipping method.
3. Although we pack all of the items we send with lots of bubble wrap and take great care with packing sometimes items will arrive broken. Let us know immediately that you received broken items and we will replace them. If you are planning to make a subsequent order in the near future please let us know that it would be OK to include that replacement item with your subsequent purchase. Your patience and understanding is appreciated!
4. In the event that the Customs Agency of your country disallows entry of the parcel we cannot be responsible. We will refund you for the amount you paid minus shipping (both to and returning from your country). Please be familiar with the customs requirements of your home country so that we can avoid unnecessary and costly problems and delays. Should you need documentation or invoices sent with the parcel please let us know at or before the time of purchasing.
5. If the parcel is returned to us as "undeliverable" or "wrong address" or denied by your Customs agency (or any other reason) we can attempt to send the parcel again, but you will be charged postage fees for the returned shipping as well as the second attempt shipping to you. There are no 100% refunds for items sent back to us, your only option is to ask us to send the items again and pay relevant postage fees or pay a re-stocking fee of 30% in addition to return postage fees (from your country back to us).
6. If an item is shown as "Delivered" and you didn't get it there is absolutely nothing we can do. If your address and/or mailbox is not a secure place to receive packages then please choose EMS, AIR, SAL or Surface shipping method as these require a signature. If you choose Express Small Parcel, Express Large Parcel (only available to USA currently), or AIR Small Parcel there is no signature required.
If you have any doubts about the safety of packages left at your home or place of work then please choose a shipping method that requires a signature for delivery!
*** Please let us know if you do not understand the shipping terms! ***
Returns and Refunds Policy
1. Returns may be made for items but only if they are unopened. Customer will pay return shipping to China/USA before a refund is processed. You have 40 days from the date of receipt of goods to return them to us.
2. If you want to return items there must be a valid reason. Simply not liking the tea or item is not a valid reason. We offer sample portions for most of the more expensive Pu-erhs we sell, so please try the samples first before purchasing a whole cake or brick! If a sample or lesser portion is not available for sale you are welcome to request that we list it for sale!
Missing or Broken Items Policy
1. If an item is broken or missing from your parcel please inform us as soon as possible. We may require you to provide photographic documentation of the defect or damage before we can replace the item or refund you.
2. If an item is damaged or missing from your order we reserve the right to send with your subsequent order. We will not send the item by itself in a package of it's own. If you don't want to wait to have the missing/damaged item sent in a subsequent order you may choose to have the price of the item and a portion of the shipping refunded to you.
3. Please order the smallest portion first before ordering a larger quantity! We cannot be responsible for those who do not heed this warning!
Should you have any questions or concerns please contact us here!